For anyone interested in the Cleveland-Cliffs student summer hire program, please see the information and link below:
The Summer Worker Program provides qualified students the experience of working in and around a heavy manufacturing environment. Students will work in grounds keeping roles providing daily maintenance and upkeep of the grounds throughout the plant. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, interest in manufacturing and enjoy working with others to accomplish goals.
- Must be at least 16 years of age and enrolled as a high school (Junior or Senior status), technical school or college student.
- Must be able to work in outdoor weather conditions.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have good communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain grounds of property using hand or power tools or equipment.
- Cut lawn using hand, power, or riding mower and trim and edge around walks, flower beds, and walls.
- Prune and trim trees, shrubs, and hedges, using shears or pruners.
- Rake, mulch, and pull weeds as needed.
- Use hand tools such as shovels, rakes, and hedge and brush trimmers.
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots and other grounds features.
- Landscape by planting flowers, grass, shrubs, and bushes.
- Perform maintenance duties such as painting.
- Gather and remove litter.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Return to News Archive